Missouri Window Tint Law (Enacted 2002)
Automotive window tint is a great choice for style and security for vehicle owners all across the country. Before you make your final choice about what window tint you want to install, consider the window tint laws from the Department of Motor Vehicles in your home state.
Noncompliance with state law for window tinting is sufficient cause for a traffic stop, and can result in a non-moving traffic violation. At Glass Tint USA, we want every customer to be safe and legal on the road. We are here to give you all the facts you need to make the best choices for Automotive Window Tint in the state of Missouri.
How dark can window tint be in Missouri?
- Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line.
- Front Side Windows: Must allow in more than 35% of light.
- Back Side Windows: Any darkness can be used.
- Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.
How reflective can window tint be in Missouri?
- Front Side Windows: Must not be more than 35% reflective.
- Back Side Windows: Must not be more than 35% reflective.
Other Missouri Window Tint Regulations:
- Restricted Colors: No colors of window tint are explicitly banned.
- Side Mirrors: Dual side mirrors are required if the back window is tinted.
- Certificate Requirements: Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
- Sticker Requirements: No sticker is required to identify legal tinting.
- Medical Exemption: State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details on specific terms of the exemption, consult the state law.
These recommendations are specific to the laws and regulations in the state of Missouri. For automotive window tint laws for other states, visit www.tintlaws.com.
Glass Tint USA Has the Answers
The safety and security of our customers is our number one goal at Glass Tint USA, and that’s why we provide excellent services and products to ensure that safety. We want every customer to have all the facts they need to make the best possible choice for their vehicle. That’s why we provide informational resources and helpful advice, so our customers can become experts, just like the pros at Glass Tint USA. Contact us today to see everything we have to offer!
Window Tinting Resources
For tint laws for other states, visit www.tintlaws.com.